How to Prep your Skin for your Wedding Day Step 1
Your skin is by far one of the most important parts in preparing for the biggest day of your life. As a makeup artist I tell all my brides, that when it comes to skin base - less is more! Those days of caked foundation are over!
''This new era of self acceptance is all about embracing our imperfections, freckles and pores''
The best way to kick start your skin journey is to avoid wearing heavy foundation and powders.
Lightweight tinted moisturisers
They will do two things; 1. enhance your natural features 2. will allow your skin to breath and absorb wonderful Vitamin D (which FYI helps prevent skin from premature ageing).
I personally use and highly recommend Laura Mercier's Natural Skin Perfector. It comes in 20 shades, with a broad spectrum sunscreen of SPF30 and even caters to oily skin types offering an oil fee option.
Mineral powders are suitable for everyone
They are so finely ground, they sweep over the skin and blend seamlessly. In fact, there's huge benefits;
- They're great for blotting away the shine and topping up on the go.
- Can be used on sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, injured skin, perioral dermatitis, and rosacea.
- Protect the skin by creating a barrier between the skin, elements, and free radicals and can offer some sun protection.
- Carry gentle ingredients to promote healthy skin and won't clog the pores.
- Coverage is buildable from sheer to opaque which is perfect if you're going from day-time to evening makeup.
- Are water resistant!
So there you have it, your skin can still look healthy and bright without clogging the pores with sticky, matte-finish products. Once you're in a routine, it'll become like second nature.
If you're that bride who's extra worried about stripping it back, try taking a luminous liquid concealer (these are super lightweight) to brighten up darker areas; such as under the eyes. Then use the excess to gently tap over the areas of concern. It's amazing how far a little bit of concealer can go!